Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Back on the horse, aka Weekly weigh in - week 1

So I'm getting back on the horse this year. After c25king it for 2 weeks last year, I've come to that point again. Maybe its because the only shows on TV at the moment are The Biggest Loser and Excess Baggage. Maybe its because I'm heading towards the big 3-0 this year. Maybe its because I'm tired of being a fat arse. Regardless its happening this year. No longer will I be the Chubby Mummy.
there will be less of this going on in the not too distant future - food as well ;)
I almost didn't want to write about this. I made a big thing about it last year, and then royally stuffed it when when everyone in whole house got a terrible gastro virus, and afterwards I just kept putting it off, and eventually refused to go anymore. I admit, I'm embarrassed. But I must try again.

When my mum passed away 7 years ago at 50, she was overweight. She had been for as long as I'd known. It didn't stop me loving her any less, but health wise, it did take away years that we could have spent together, getting to know and loving on my kids. Meeting my littlest man. Seeing my sister go on the trip of her lifetime, moving overseas to England, and one day marry. Being there when I graduated from university. She died in the most traumatic way, with my sister and I caring for her full time, and its taken me nearly all this time to move forward. She died from cancer. So did Dad only 2 years before her. Since then I've learned that weight, more importantly excess weight, can attribute to cancer growing inside the body, along with a host of other less then appealing diseases. If I want to nip this in the bud, and not take time away from my children in 20 years, depriving them of the most important thing, time, then I have to get on top of this TODAY.

Last week it officially began. I've been tracking my food intake with My Fitness Pal on my iPhone for a week now, and when I weighed in this week I'd lost 1.5 kilos. Yay! Tomorrow. I plan to go running. When the geek gets home tomorrow, he plans to kill me (metaphorically speaking) with his weight regime he learned from the Commando last year. Oh god. I think that maybe its going so start of as more like a slow shuffle, but I'll get there. And when I do, I'll be the skinny mummy instead.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
Dr. SeussOh, the Places You'll Go!





6 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you are going to give it your best. I know how hard it is but you can do it. You are not alone! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Its hard. Had a bit of a relapse last 2 days but back on the horse today, and down 3 kilos so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss!! Anything is better then nothing, at least thats what I'm telling myself as I try and 40kgs. I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou! We are in similiar situations. Hope your journey is as easy as it can be! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...found ou on blog chicks...I'm there too!....I've been doing the hcg drops diet...it's hard core, but for 21 Days I can do it.. :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting this. I have been travelling down the same path for the past two weeks and for some reason something has stopped me from saying "I am now dieting". I guess if I don't say it then there is no chance of anyone knowing I have failed. so thank you for your brave stance. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...